Access all digitized human knowledge.
COVID-19, health information, technology, AI
Privacy, safety, barriers and opportunities.
This week’s Artificiality is a bumper issue. There’s so much going on and so much changing. Here’s a quick take on what’s in this week’s newsletter:
- Pandemic privacy.
- How COVID-19 will reveal gaps in the EHR (electronic health record).
- How AI isn’t up for this (yet) and what kind of technology solutions people need right now.
- The opportunity to collect real-time data and why it’s so vital.
- Why human experience and collaboration is more valuable than AI predictions right now.
- The biggest gap in US health information system - death stats.
The US health system is about to be stress-tested like never before. Underneath the physical infrastructure and network of people lies an information infrastructure and a human-machine decision system. Is this system ready? How will it fail? What will it reveal about opportunities and barriers to effective AI in health?