Access all digitized human knowledge.
A discussion about ChatGPT: Why does it matter, how special is it, and what might be ahead?
Why does ChatGPT matter?
- People always get excited about AI advances and this one is accessible in a way that others weren’t in the past.
- People can use natural language to prompt a natural language response.
- It’s seductive because it feels like synthesis.
- And it can feel serendipitous.
- We need to remember that ChatGPT and all other generative AI are tools and they can fail us.
- While it may feel serendipitous, that serendipity is more constrained than it may feel.
Some other ideas we cover:
- The research at Google, OpenAI, Microsoft, and Apple gives us some context for evaluating how special ChatGPT actually is and what might be ahead.
- The current craze about prompt engineering.
If you enjoy our podcasts, please leave a positive rating or comment on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Sharing your positive feedback helps us reach more people and connect them with the world’s great minds.
Thanks to Jonathan Coulton for our music